About the Course
This course is for people who already have some taichi or wushu experience who are interested in trying taichi sword and expanding their understanding of Chinese martial arts, weapons and movement. You will be introduced to fundamental taichi principles and sword techniques, exercises and movement combinations.
By the end of this course, students will:
- have learned fundamental sword techniques and methods for practice
- have learned how to move the sword with control, coordinated with the body, following taichi principles
- have a variety to exercises to continue to build confidence and freedom of movement with the sword through self-guided practice
- be able to transfer these skills to other taichi sword classes for continued learning
The course will be taught over 4 classes live on Zoom. Class dates are:
- Sunday, April 4th
- Sunday, April 11th
- Sunday, April 18th
- Sunday, April 25th
Class times are:
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm Eastern/Atlantic
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm Central
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm Mountain
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm Pacific
All classes will be recorded and then uploaded to Teachable. If you are unable to participate in the live classes or if you want to review the class at any time, the videos will be available here. There is also an iOS app so you can watch on your Apple mobile device.
NOTE: Students should have a taichi sword to use during all classes!